The Western Pennsylvania Construction Occupation Laborers’ Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program Now Accepting Applications
The Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program is accepting applications on a continuous basis for apprenticeship opportunities in its Building and Heavy / Highway Program. Applicants will be notified as to when selection testing begins. Applications must be returned to the Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Education and Training Fund, 317 Deer Creek Road, Saxonburg, PA 16056.
Applicants will be selected according to written testing and interview. Final selection will be made according to the needs within the 33 counties of Western Pennsylvania covered by the Training Program.
Counties covered by the Training Program are as follows:
Allegheny Clinton Jefferson
Armstrong Crawford Lawrence
Beaver Elk McKean
Bedford Erie Mercer
Blair Fayette Mifflin
Butler Forest Potter
Cambria Franklin Somerset
Cameron Fulton Venango
Centre Greene Warren
Clarion Huntingdon Washington
Clearfield Indiana Westmoreland
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of indenturement.
- Prior to final acceptance, a doctor’s certificate of examination may be required.
- A certified drug test will be required before indenturement into the Program, at the Program’s expense.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States (or legal alien), and be a resident of one of the thirty-three counties in Western Pennsylvania under the jurisdiction of Laborers’ District Council of Western Pennsylvania for a period of at least six months.
- Applicant must submit a non-refundable processing fee with the application (money order or certified check in the amount of $25.00). No personal checks, please.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicant must have a valid PA driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Applications may be picked up in person at Western Pennsylvania CareerLink Offices, all laborers’ local union offices, the Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Education and Training Center in Saxonburg, PA, or downloaded from our Website: www.laborpa.org. Informational packets can be requested by calling 1-800-442-8868.
This is a training opportunity; the Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee and its trustees do not and cannot guarantee full-time employment. Employment, when available, will be through the Laborers’ District Council of Western Pennsylvania Office as provided for in the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
The Western Pennsylvania Laborers’ Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program operates on a non-discriminatory basis as outlined under the Equal Employment Law – CFR 29 Part 30, Executive Order No.11246, the Americans with Disabilities Act Public Law 101-336, and under the Program’s Affirmative Action Plan. Female and minority applicants are urged to apply.
The Western Pennsylvania Construction Craft Laborers Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Western Pennsylvania Laborers Construction Craft Laborers Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
We would greatly appreciate your efforts in making this information known to all prospective applicants.
GO TO FUTUREROADBUILDERS.COM AND COMPLETE THE VIRTUAL PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM